Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Update On My (Still) Pregnant Friend


I'm not sure if anyone (besides my lovely sis-in-law) is actually paying attention to these updates, but I'm writing it anyway. Here is what I sent out to the people on Ashley's contact list:


I received a brief update this evening along with instructions to "pass it on." Here's what I know so far:
1. Ashley was admitted to the hospital last night around 10pm
2. She went into active labor around 2am (on her own!!)
3. By 10:30 am she had dilated to 4cm, but hadn't slept all night
4. According to a 6pm text message from Todd, Ashley got an epidural because she stalled at 4cm and was finally able to get some rest. (Hopefully that will re-energize her for the big finish.)


That's all I know folks. I would imagine they are both exhausted at this point and ready for a conclusion. Again, please continue to pray for a safe and healthy delivery for both mom and baby. If I hear anything else, I'll send another update.

5 comments:

JayBee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JayBee said...

Anyone called the Guiness Book of World Records for the longest labor??

I'm praying for some good news in the morning from you!

Gigi said...

I have been watching this too, I thought it odd that you would not have mentioned the birth yet, now I see why. Poor Ashley!

ktinnc07 said...

I just talked to Diana and we still don't know anything yet.....geeeeeez....

I can't wait to go take pics of this Diva :)

Diana said...

FYI: I don't know why it says the top comment was "removed by the author". I did no such thing!! But I think it was a duplicate post from Jenny? Weird...