Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Update On My (Still) Pregnant Friend


I'm not sure if anyone (besides my lovely sis-in-law) is actually paying attention to these updates, but I'm writing it anyway. Here is what I sent out to the people on Ashley's contact list:


I received a brief update this evening along with instructions to "pass it on." Here's what I know so far:
1. Ashley was admitted to the hospital last night around 10pm
2. She went into active labor around 2am (on her own!!)
3. By 10:30 am she had dilated to 4cm, but hadn't slept all night
4. According to a 6pm text message from Todd, Ashley got an epidural because she stalled at 4cm and was finally able to get some rest. (Hopefully that will re-energize her for the big finish.)


That's all I know folks. I would imagine they are both exhausted at this point and ready for a conclusion. Again, please continue to pray for a safe and healthy delivery for both mom and baby. If I hear anything else, I'll send another update.

5 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Anyone called the Guiness Book of World Records for the longest labor??

I'm praying for some good news in the morning from you!

Gigi said...

I have been watching this too, I thought it odd that you would not have mentioned the birth yet, now I see why. Poor Ashley!

Katie said...

I just talked to Diana and we still don't know anything yet.....geeeeeez....

I can't wait to go take pics of this Diva :)

Diana said...

FYI: I don't know why it says the top comment was "removed by the author". I did no such thing!! But I think it was a duplicate post from Jenny? Weird...