Maternity leave officially ends tomorrow and I start back to work on Monday. I know I’ve said it before, but I just can’t believe how quickly these last twelve weeks have gone by. Here are the top 5 things I’ll miss about maternity leave.
5. Watching “Ellen” – that show cracks me up!
4. Sleep – That probably sounds strange considering the newborn phase typically doesn’t allow for much sleep. However, even though I get up in the middle of the night with Lillian, I know that I can sleep in if she does. I have a feeling I’ll be a lot more tired after going back to work.
3. Walmart – Ok, this one probably doesn’t make a lot of sense, but a trip to Walmart with a sleeping baby is much easier than a trip to Walmart with a baby and an energetic two (almost three) year old.
2. Comfy clothes – Going back to work also means going back to my work wardrobe.
1. Time - Spending quality one-on-one time with my sweet baby girl. For the most part, we’ve kept Edwin at daycare during the week. He loves it and is actually in a much better mood after a day at “school”. This meant that I had a lot of time to spend getting to know Lillian. I’ll miss being the only one to feed her, the one that knows exactly what she needs if she’s fussy, the one who knows just what to do to get her to sleep… you get the idea.
Even though I have to start leaving Lillian in someone else’s care, at least it will be my sister taking care of her. And that pretty much guarantees I’ll be getting new pics sent to me every day (right Katie??).