Sunday, January 20, 2008

Catch Up

It seems like I'm always playing catch-up on this blog...sorry. Time seems to get away from me, especially with an almost-toddler around. Yup, he's "cruising" now. I think that's the official term when a baby can stand up, and walk around holding onto furniture. He's a quick one, that's for sure!

Here's a few pictures from the last couple of weeks.

Edwin loves to look outside at the doggies

Just waking up from nap-time in mommy & daddy's bed


I don't think he cares that he's supposed to play in the exersaucer, not under!

II'm telling you, he loves standing, no matter where it is!


Playing with Tickle-Me-Elmo. Edwin's favorite Christmas gift

Yesterday was Spencer's first birthday party (see earlier post). Katie was going to take pictures for Jessica (Spencer's mom), but she got really sick with the flu, and had to send her back-up shooter. ME. Yes, that's right. I had to fill in at the last minute. I took close to 400 pictures! I was just worried that I'd miss something, especially since a first birthday only happens once. But according to Katie, I did pretty well. I'll let you know when she works her magic in the editing "studio" known as photoshop. Hopefully they turn out ok. Jessica was so sweet. If she was disappointed that Katie wasn't there, you'd never know it. She only wanted to make sure Katie was feeling better.

Today, I went up to Wilmington for church and then stopped at Walmart for a few groceries on the way home. Then Ed headed off to work, and Edwin & I spent the day hanging out, playing with all of his toys. I'm sure I've said this before, but he really is the best baby! He's always so happy, he is a great eater, he loves taking naps, he loves bathtime, and bedtime is a breeze. Not to mention that he's super cute and funny too! We are so blessed.

Ed has been sick the past couple of days too, but I think he's finally starting to feel better. One thing I had been meaning to post for the past two weeks is his cooking video! There's a woman named Johanna that films cooking segments with different chefs in South Carolina. A few weeks ago, she went to the Island Vista and did a segment with my hubby! You'll have to check it out by clicking here. His is the "Flounder with sweet corn broth." I'm so proud of all that he's accomplished. He's now been in a couple of magazines, he was on tv, now the internet...he won a silver medal in a cooking competition last year. He's on fire! There's another competition coming up at the end of this month that he'll be participating in. Unfortunately, it's during the week, so I won't be able to go. But I'll send the camera with him with strict instructions to take LOTS of pictures! I'll keep everyone posted.

Well that should be enough to keep people satisfied for awhile. Now I'm off to watch Exreme Makeover-Home Edition. I just love that show!! (Even though it makes me cry every time). Have a great week!

No comments: