Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Alright. It’s Wednesday. Here’s a new blog for you to read.

I guess I haven’t posted because I feared it might put everyone to sleep! Haha. So read on at your own risk (and do not operate heavy machinery). Hmm…what’s been going on around the Boso household? Well, for the past week or so, my left foot has been bothering me quite a bit. By Sunday, it was painful to walk. My doctor was able to fit me in on Monday afternoon. Apparently, I have what’s called a Morton’s Neuroma. Since Wikipedia seems to be the latest source of info, here’s what it had to say:

Symptoms include: pain on weight bearing, frequently after only a short time; the pain is felt as a shooting pain affecting the contiguous halves of two toes. Burning, numbness and parasthesia may also be experienced. Classically the 3rd digital space between the 3rd and 4th toes is affected, but the condition can occasionally occur in the 2nd and 3rd interdigital space. The pain is caused by pressure on the enlarged section of nerve where it passes between the metatarsal heads, and is squeezed between them.


Yup, I basically have an inflamed bunch of nerves between my 2nd and 3rd little piggies. The doc ordered x-rays to be sure it wasn’t a fracture and they came back normal. He said they’re not really sure what causes the condition, but treatment is usually fairly simple. For the next 7-10 days, I have to ice it in the morning and evening, and take Rx-strength naproxen. If that doesn't work, he'll refer me to a foot doctor for a steroid injection. I took Monday & Tuesday off from the gym, but I’m stubborn and decided to go back today. Not sure how that’s going to turn out…

Still awake? Okay…what else? Um, on Monday night, Mom & Dad picked Edwin up from daycare (I was worried about my appt running late), so I had dinner with them, along with Janet, Katie, Katie (yup, two different katie’s), Brian and Anthony. Check out Katie’s blog for some ADORABLE pictures of my baby! The second one freaks me out a little…..For some reason, it makes me imagine what he’ll be like in a few years. Time already goes by too quickly with him.

Yesterday, Ed was off from work and was gracious enough to have dinner cooking when Edwin and I got home. Woo Hoo!!! In the meantime, we let Edwin play in the backyard for the first time. For those of you who don’t know, our yard is HUGE, yet sort of off-limits for humans. Let me explain. When we bought the house, all of our money went towards the mortgage and moving and the wedding and and and. You get the picture. Anyway, we couldn’t afford to do anything to the yard. So for the first year, it was basically a weird combination of sand, dirt, some weeds, and lots of creepy crawlies. The dogs enjoy the space to run, but I refused to set foot out there. Who knew I was so high maintenance when it comes to a backyard? Anyway, the weeds have grown in so much that Ed has to mow the “yard” quite frequently. They’re so thick it almost looks like grass! Long, boring story short, we let Edwin play out there last night. It was so cute!! He had his plastic lawnmower from Ashley and was pushing it around. I got a couple of pictures, but will have to post them later. Ed decided to take Edwin on the riding lawnmower for a few turns around the yard too….at first it was too loud, but eventually he enjoyed the ride. Yup, I took video, and yes, that will get posted later as well. Dinner was delicious: Grilled chicken sandwiches, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes. YUMMY! Thank you to my chef-hubby.

So there you have it. Monday and Tuesday in a rather large nutshell (“Help, I’m in a nutshell!”). Tonight I have my small group Bible study….very much looking forward to that. Our group has been meeting for about 2 ½ years now. We’ve had our ups and downs, but I feel like we’re definitely in a season of growth right now and it feels great!

Okay, I feel like I have said enough. Or maybe too much. But you asked for it. Have a lovely evening :)


3 comments:

Gigi said...

I like getting updates of everyone's life this way! You are super busy!! Good luck with the foot and I hope you do not need those steroids! (Although maybe they will help with the workouts.... j/k)

Life Glimpsed: The Denglers said...

sorry so late on the commenting - but mom is suffering from the same foot problem. and yay for a weedy yard for a little boy to mow ;) and i saw katie's pics of edwin - man. he is beautiful!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Hope your foot is doing a little bit better. It doesn't sound very comfortable.

Have a great weekend!