Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother’s Day

I know I don't post on here very often, but I have two very good reasons.  Edwin and Lillian.  There's very little time to spend with them and frankly, I'd rather spend it with them rather than blogging.  But today, I feel I need to say.....I ADORE being a mother.  It is the hardest job I've ever had.  It can be challenging, frustrating, scary, intense, confusing, overwhelming --- the list goes on and on.  However, it is also rewarding, wonderful, fun, exciting, beautiful, precious and amazing.  I still marvel at the fact that God chose me to be mommy to Edwin and Lillian. 


I tried to upload the video my sister made me for Mother's Day 2007 (a collection of pictures when Edwin was tiny), but it wouldn't work.  So here’s the link to the slideshow Katie made me a couple of months ago when Lillian was born.  And since there’s nothing as sweet as a sleeping baby, here are pictures of Edwin and Lillian sleeping….at just about the same age.  Yes, my children look identical!! haha.  I’d also like to say Happy Mother’s Day to my own mom.  I love you!!!!  And I have a much greater appreciation for the craziness that must have been your life (especially with DJ….hee hee).

 

IMG_0676

DSC00983

1 comment:

BrandiB said...

Who knew being a mom could be so great and crazy at the same time! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!