Sunday, May 16, 2010


My nephew Anthony plays machine-pitch Little League this year. Unfortunately, since we live so far away, going to games takes a bit of work. The weeknight games would end up getting too late by the time we’d get home (probably close to 9:30), and the weekend games are always on Saturdays (and we try to have at least one day a week that we don’t drive up to Wilmington).

Well yesterday it worked out perfect. The plan was to go to Anthony’s baseball game at 12:30pm and then go to the Spring Fling at his school at 4pm. It was another trip to Wilmington, but we’d be able to spend the whole day with the family.

The game was a lot of fun, but it was HOT!!! I think it was over 90 degrees and we were in direct sunlight. Even with SPF 55, I managed to get a sunburn. Edwin had a blast watching his big cousin play. Everything that Anthony does, Edwin has to do too. He keeps talking about how he wants to get bigger so he can play baseball. So cute!


I was really impressed by all of the kid’s skills this year. They are actually making real plays!! Anthony looked so grown up out there on the field.



Of course, after awhile, Edwin was more concerned with his popcorn than the game, but what do you expect out of a three-year old?


Lillian was happy to hang out in her stroller…and it also kept her out of the sunlight.


A few more pictures with the grandparents - - Edwin loved sitting with Pappy, and Lillian looked adorable in her hat from Grandma.





After the game, Edwin kept trying to give Anthony a hug and told him over and over again “Good game Anthony!” It was super cute. Cousin Anthony is just at that age though that he’d rather hang out with his baseball buddies than his little cousin…so he was less than thrilled :( It was funny though because Mom said it reminded her of me and my big sis when we were little.

We went back to Mom & Dad’s house to cool off and get a bite to eat before the Spring Fling. (Edwin kept calling it the Spring-a-ling!). We got all the way to the school, re-applied the sunblock, had Lillian in her stroller…ready to go. Yeah, this is where the plans fell apart. Edwin caught a glimpse of the Sharks mascot walking around and he FREAKED OUT!!!! I’m talking hysterical crying, shaking, clinging mess. No matter what we tried (and we tried everything), Edwin wasn’t having it….so we left. I was bummed because my sis put a ton of work into this (she was co-chair) and I really wanted to see everything, but there was just no way it was going to work. I think the lack of a nap had a little something to do with the meltdown, because Edwin slept the whole way home. Oh well…maybe next year.

Today we’re enjoying a lazy Sunday. Ed is sleeping in, Edwin is watching Elmo’s Adventures in Grouchland, Lillian is napping, and I’m actually getting a few things done around the house. We’ll head to church for the 4pm service and then back home for a yummy dinner that’s already in the crockpot. What a great weekend! I’ll leave you with a picture of my adorable children from yesterday morning.


1 comment:

Katie Mathews Photography said...

Sorry it didn't work out, but we had fun seeing you when we did :) HOw funny is it that I just looked down to do my word verification and it is st marc? lol