Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Christmas and Lowe's

What do these two have to do with each other? I’ll explain. Last night, we went to Lowe’s Home Improvement (sorry DJ) to get a riding lawn mower for Ed.

We have a HUGE yard and it’s very difficult to mow because it’s about 90% weeds and the rest is sand. Anyway, Ed finally settled his motorcycle accident case so we’re taking a small portion and investing in a riding lawn mower. It takes Ed forever to do the yard and that takes away from what little time we spend together as a family. He’s thrilled to have a new toy, and I’m thrilled to be getting my husband back!

Anyway, while Ed was talking to the salesman about the benefits of one mower vs. the other, I took Edwin for a walk down the Christmas aisles. It was so fun to watch his expression as he looked at all of the lights on the display trees. We found one display of “modern” Christmas trees with giant lights that twinkled along with music. Edwin absolutely loved this! I realize he doesn’t really know what’s going on yet, but to know that we can start new family traditions as the Boso Family is so exciting! Plus, God has been working miracles in my life this year…I can’t wait to celebrate the birth of His son. What an amazing gift to the world. I just pray that people will remember the real reason for Christmas. It’s not about gifts, it’s not even about spending time with family (although that’s great). It’s about God fulfilling his promises to us. Oohh…I’m so excited!!!

1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

It's only second week of October and the Christmas trees are already on display?!

Forget Halloween and Thanksgiving...I'm going to put my Christmas tree up when I get home tonight. haha.