Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So Much to Catch Up On


Yup, it's been awhile since I've posted last. I kept meaning to do it...but everytime I thought I'd get around to it, something else came up. I'm sure I've used that excuse before! Anyway....there's a lot to catch up on. First of all, I'm typing this post from a hotel room in Akron, Ohio. Ed and I drove up here to visit his family since they haven't seen Edwin in about 6 months. Considering he's almost 7 months old....they've missed out on a lot. We left Wilmington last night around 9:30pm. Our original plan was to drive a little over halfway and then get a hotel room. We drove at night so that Edwin could sleep. Well.....when we finally got to the point that we wanted to call it quits, all of the hotel rooms were booked. That is, except for one hotel that was...let's just say..."nasty". And since they wanted to charge us $75 for about 5 hours, we said forget it. We kept on going and arrived in Akron around 9:00am. That's a long haul!! My dear sweet husband did the majority of the driving too. I managed to stay awake last night until just past Raleigh (2 hrs into the drive) and then conked out. At about 6:15 am, Ed finally threw in the towel and I took over the driving so he could sleep. Even though we were exhausted when we pulled into town, we couldn't make Grandma Jeanie wait any longer. A quick stop to Lowe's (where she works) to surprise her was quite fun. There were tears of course, but she was absolutely thrilled. After that, my prayers were answered when our hotel said we could have an early check-in. We napped for about 3 hours ....even Edwin slept!!.....and then made our rounds to see some more of the family. Back to Lowe's so Jeanie could show Edwin off...then to see Uncle Feets at his garage. We eventually ended up back at Jeanie & Glenn's house, where Grandma and Grandpa went crazy over our sweet little boy. I think we got back to the hotel around 8:00 for Edwin's bathtime. I watched last week's episode of Grey's Anatomy online (I brought the laptop & headphones) and Ed is still watching one of the Matrix movies on tv.


Wow. I think that's the most I've ever written in one post. But there's more!! Ed's magazine finally came out! I haven't seen the actual hard copy, but it's online. Coastal Carolina Dining pages 35, 48 & 49. I love the pictures!! Ed thinks that the one makes him look to cocky, but hey, he's the head chef! He should be proud of everything he's accomplished. I know I'm very proud of him. Check it out.


Ok, what else? Um....I'm off work for the next week, so that's pretty exciting. I'm still trying to decide what Edwin should be for his first Halloween. We have a bumble bee costume that was Anthony's.....but I call Edwin "punkin-head" (don't know where that came from) so I thought it would be cute if I dressed him like a pumpkin. Good thing I have a week to decide.


I could probably type all night. Now that I've had some sleep this afternoon...and it's only 9:30pm....I'm not sure what else to do. I can't read a book because we have all the lights off in the hotel room, trying to keep Edwin asleep. He's in his pack 'n play over by the bathroom. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he sleeps all night :)


Oh yeah! I remembered one more thing. Last week we took Edwin to Portrait Innovations to have his pictures taken. It was so much fun and the pics turned out great. We spent a little more (okay a lot more) than we originally planned, but we couldn't help it. One of the things included in the package was a cd of all the shots. These aren't the edited versions, but at least I can post some of them on here. Enjoy!! I'm probably going to watch another tv show online (abc.com rules!!). Later.








2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you guys have a good time up in OH...the pics of edwin are too cute!

Pappy Dave said...

The pictures, I Love... The dogs, are fine...Hugs and kisses to J & G. See you soon.. Love ya..oh.. great artice and pictures of Ed.