Saturday, May 3, 2008

Congocast

A lot of you know that I attend Port City Community Church...and have for the past year and a few months. There are so many wonderful things going on at PC3 and I was able to participate in one of them tonight.

There's a project called Congocast that follows two young women (members of PC3) that sold everything they own to move to the Congo for a year and do mission work. Evan Vetter (my friend Jenny's hubby) and his team documented the year-long mission and have put together mini-podcasts...so far they're up to Episode 11. I am woefully inadequate when it comes to trying to explain all of this, so PLEASE just go to the website and check out the videos. They're each about 7 or 8 minutes long.

I have to admit, whenever I would see Congocast.org up on the screen at church announcing a new episode, I didn't give it much thought. A few months ago I had watched the first congocast, and yes I was intrigued, but inevitably, I got sucked back into my selfish world and went about my business. But today, I sat down and watched all eleven episodes in a row and my eyes were opened. Suddenly, I felt like everybody needed to see these....everybody needs to know what is going on over in Congo.

Over the past week, PC3 has been coordinating the Maombi Mission, a week of prayer for Congo. Tonight was a way to wrap it all up. One of the pastors from Congo was here to speak, there was music, and more prayer. This is one of those times when I really wish I could adequately describe the experience, but words fall short. But I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of it, and to feel God's presence as we prayed for healing in Congo.

This whole post sounded so much better in my head, but for some reason, the trip from brain to fingertips to computer gets all messed up. So again, go to Congocast.org to really get an idea of what the heck I'm talking about!!

No comments: