Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Announcement & Dangerous Weapons

I can't believe I forgot to make this announcement on here the other day...but better late than never, right? Here goes: When the new store opens at the end of September, Ed will be transferring to the Leland Harris Teeter!!!!!!! Yup, that's right. He'll be about 2 minutes from Edwin's daycare and about 10 minutes from where I work. We should be able to carpool more (hello, gas is still ridiculously expensive) and hopefully sometime in the next year or two, move closer to Wilmington!!!! Thank You God for another answer to prayer!

Okay, here's the Dangerous Weapons part of the post. Did you know fingernails on a toddler can cause a LOT of damage?? When I picked Edwin up from daycare today, the computer (where I check him in/out) said there was an accident report at the front desk. No biggie, right? It stated that he had been scratched by another child. So I sign the thing, go into his room to pick him up, and am a little shocked....he wasn't just scratched...his poor face was gouged by some crazed toddler!!! As you can see from the pictures, he's not particularly bothered by it now, but at the time, I guess he was crying pretty bad. My poor baby. Now, I understand that kids will be kids and things like this are going to happen. But it doesn't help the fact that I already don't like having to drop him off for 9 hours a day...





5 comments:

Gigi said...

Poor baby!! (Edwin)

Yay about Ed!

Katie said...

GEEZ that is a big ole scratch!!

Tay's Mom said...

poor little guy. i hope ed survived the trauma of seeing his little boy's "damage" :)

trooper said...

grandpa has something to show you when we get there!!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Congrats to Ed! That'll be a great location for him to work.

Even with a scratched up face, Edwin is still a cutie!