Monday, August 20, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah....I have some catching up to do

I have a 4 1/2 month old. Give me a break! Just kidding. I know I haven't posted in a few days...but here's the thing. I don't like to do it at home because our computer is slow and the monitor is blurry. I don't like to do it at work because..well..I should be working. But Katie gave me a hard time about it today, so I'm posting from my sloooow computer at home. I'll catch ya up on the last few days.

On Saturdays, I like to take a day off from driving up to Wilmington, so Edwin and I stayed home. We played a lot--he especially loves his new play-mat that used to be Anthony's. And it's perfect for me because he can entertain himself while I clean...and I don't have to worry about him going anywhere! Here's my highlight of Saturday. Around 2pm, Edwin was getting a little tired, but he just wouldn't give in and fall asleep. He had a full belly, a clean diaper...what more could a baby ask for? After trying all of my usual "tricks" to get him to sleep, I finally decided to try my big bed. I laid him on the bed and then crawled in right next to him. We played for a little while. Mostly he tried to grab my nose, but hey, it was fun! Edwin started to drift I figured what the heck? I'll just take off my glasses and close my own eyes for a few minutes. All I had been hoping for was about 20 minutes, but an hour later, we finally woke up! I think that was probably the best nap I've ever had...curled up next to my sweet baby. That was my Saturday.

Sunday I dropped Edwin off with his Auntie Katie so I could go to church. The church has a daycare called Grow Zone, but since Katie (and Anthony) were excited to have him come over, how could I say no? For the rest of the day, we hung out with the family and had dinner at mom & dad's house. Typical weekend.

And today was back to work. Ooh, but Edwin had an exciting evening. He had real food tonight! Not just rice cereal--that's too boring. He had his very first vegetable. Green Beans. Mmmmm....pureed green beans...doesn't that just make your mouth water? Let me tell you. This kid went to town! He ate the entire container (2.5 ounces) and then proceeded to drink a whole bottle (6 ounces)!! Now for those of you who either don't have kids or it's been awhile since they were 4 1/2 months old, that's a LOT OF FOOD!! His little belly sure got big! A quick bath followed...then time for pj's and cuddling. We drove home, and that's where I'll leave you. Edwin is happily sleeping right now, dreaming sweet baby dreams. The dishwasher is running, my gym bag is packed for tomorrow, it's time for me to go relax. Until tomorrow.......

1 comment:

JayBee said...

It's funny that Katie gives you a hard time about not updating her blog, b/c she has updated hers since SUNDAY!!