Monday, June 23, 2008

Get This

Yesterday right before church started, I was standing out in the lobby on the phone with my friend Cat (she was on her way and we were trying to figure out where we were going to sit). Anyway, this other girl walks up to me and kind of stares at me for a second…almost like she knows me. I quickly hung up the phone because she looked a little familiar too. Suddenly she says, “Diana?” It took me a second, but then I realized it was Maria. I’m sure you’re thinking, uh…what’s the big deal? Here’s the big deal. We graduated high school together. In DULUTH, MINNESOTA!!!!!!! I cannot believe I ran into somebody all the way down here that I went to school with. And at church of all places!! She introduced me to her husband Mark. They’ve been married for seven years now and have a four year old named Jacob (adorable little boy). We stood there in shock for a couple of minutes, and then exchanged information (email, phone, etc.) After church was over and I picked Edwin up from Grow Zone, we spent another 20 minutes or so catching up. I’m still in a little shock this morning, but I’m looking forward to talking to her some more. Crazy.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

That is a fun story- the world is SMALL.