Thursday, June 12, 2008

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has sent me healthy recipes and tips. I'm looking forward to trying them out...maybe I'll even post some pictures for you! As an update, I'm still Coca-cola free and feeling better than ever. I've become that crazy-water-drinking-constantly-peeing lady at work, but I'm okay with that. I lost 3.8 pounds last week (woo hoo!!) which has just encouraged me to keep going. What is my secret?? Every morning as I'm getting ready for work, I surrender my body to God. I declare that I want to worship Him and not food, not Coke. To some people, this sounds ridiculous. But I tell you what, I've never (and I mean NEVER) been so excited to work out before...to eat healthy...to fuel my body with the right foods...to honor God with my body (1Cor 6:19-20). I'm not saying I won't have days that I struggle, but I know that with Jesus as my strength, I can't go wrong. The newest verse I've started saying over and over while working out is Phillippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

So again, thanks for the recipes and encouragement...and thank you God for this body you have given me.

2 comments:

Life Glimpsed: The Denglers said...

awesome awesome awesome!! i am so proud of you. pee pee pee - yay for water pee ;) kidding. but just think - the water drinking makes you burn calories as you take the mile hike to the potty at work. ha. ...so, should we listen to the beth moore cds again together? i was thinking about that the other day. i think i need to re-listen to them and get motivated. way to go with reconditioning your body and SURRENDERING to God. good stuff. xoxo

Diana said...

"God does not have an aversion to Pecan piiiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!! God has an aversion to starvation and gluttony!"

Yes, let's definitely listen to the cds again. It's all about freedom. Thanks for the encouraging comments as always :)