Thursday, June 4, 2009

We'll Miss Your Cookies!

I can't imagine there's anyone who actually reads my blog that doesn't already know that my Grandma died last Thursday (May 28th). We just got back from MN after an exhausting week. We spent a lot of time with family and were there for the wake, funeral, and burial. I don't think I can say much more than that without dissolving into tears, and frankly, I'm sick of crying. It hurts. I'm going to miss her so much.

Pretty neat thing though...my aunt Ann sent home a bag of cookies for both Anthony and Edwin. In each bag were three homemade cookies from the last batch their Great Grandma ever made. I gave them to Edwin as soon as we got home and he couldn't stop smiling!!!

I love you Grandma...



2 comments:

Life Glimpsed: The Denglers said...

that is amazing! what a treasure to hold something in your hands that she made with hers...and to see your baby delight in. oh wow. it makes me cry with a smile. xoxo

Tay's Mom said...

i just think that is the sweetest thing. how precious. isn't it funny how a grandma can make better cookies that ANYone? what a sweet treat to capture on camera, and in your hearts.